Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Breakfast for supper? Yes, please!

Breakfast for supper is a staple in our house. It's delicious and most importantly, easy to prepare!

Sometimes it's french toast or egg casserole with "tadies" (I'll show you how to make those soon!), but tonight for supper I made pancakes, sausage patties, and scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese.

Andrew really loves my pancakes, and to be honest, I think they're awesome. Why? Because I make them with the same recipe my Dad used to make me growing up, and it's one that his Mom, my Grandma Ginny, always made for him. 

I'm going to share the recipe with you, and how I made tonight's supper! Try it our for yourself, then come back and let me know what you think =]

Print this and add it to your recipe collection!




First you need to start out with all the ingredients. I add a teaspoon of vanilla in addition to the ingredients listed  above.

Mix all of your dry ingredients together. 
Then mix all of the wet ingredients together, excluding the milk.
Tip: When cracking your eggs, always do so on a flat surface and into a separate bowl before adding to other ingredients. This ensures that you aren't adding eggshells to your food!


Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix a little bit, will start to look like dough. 
Now is time to add the milk. I usually end up adding around 1/3 of a cup or a little more. Just enough for the batter to be able to pour. Sometimes you just have to eyeball-it.


Now it's time to get the griddle or large pan ready. I have found a great product called Misto to use instead of buying Pam or the like and waste all kinds of money. With the Misto, you just fill half way with your preferred oil, pump the lid a few times and voila! Your very own Pam at home for much cheaper, and much healthier!






Once you pour the batter onto your hot pan, wait for it to get bubbly and a little dry around the edges. That's when you know it's time to flip the pancake.


Just flip once, and you're done and ready to enjoy!






One of these times I'll post on how to make "tadies", it's what my Dad used to always make my brother and I for breakfast on Saturday mornings. An absolute hit for any household :)



Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment